Friday, April 13

Haze

Picture the above scene, interspersed with the deafening racket of a racing power boat tearing past at around 80 knots every 10 minutes; about as much excitement as we were going to get on the water this afternoon.
Very flooky, light wind, backing and veering as it pleased, rather freaky when near the odd ship's buoy tho and coupled with deteriorating visibility, it didn't take more than a couple of hours to realise that the bar was the place to be.
It's 1am and so still, quiet and warm. The Winter gales and horizontal rain seem a distant memory (touch wood, scratch a stay, turn three times, kiss a badger and spit to windward).

8 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

I've got an old Johnson outboard motor in the garage I can make you a deal on...

Citymouse said...

still quiet and warm
wish i was there

The Phosgene Kid said...

How's the badger-spitting thing coming?

Overboard said...

Haro sailors
:)
nudge

The Phosgene Kid said...

Have you been scuppered? Haven't seen hide nor hull of you in a bit...

jin said...

I can't tell you how badly I'd like to jump inside that picture!!!

Fuff said...

Phos - Not scuppered :) Still kissing the odd badger though. Johnson outboard? Get a boat to put it on!!!

CM - Not for long apparently!

Eric - Haro. Nudge.

Jin - The picture was surrounded by a really noisy boat, not that tranquil in reality :)

rob said...

Wow thats some kind of Photograph! Stunning!