Sunday, April 8

Hiking

In 15 knots of flooky S-SW breeze, we stonked down Southampton water, almost kept up with the ferry and overtook every other sailing boat (dinghys aside) . Average? 7.5 knots. Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!
She sailed like a dream. We had just the one hiccup, a slide on the mainsail the sailmaker forgot to change and managed to jam the bastard thing, but sorted quickly. It feels great to be back out there.
If sailing this season is going to be anything like today's blast, then we're going to have a good year.

5 comments:

Citymouse said...

the picture just freaks me out !!!

Fuff said...

Teeheee CM, I'll make sure I take some pics on ruff days then!

Pat said...

Hiking? Man oh man...da grass by you guys shure is green, innit? ^_^

(You know I only say these things 'cuz I'm so jealous, right?)

rob said...

Smart boots one day I shall own a pair such as those!:o))

Fuff said...

Pat - LOL!

Orb - I've only just broken the bleedin things in, had em over a season and hated them until now :)