Tuesday, April 10

Doings


We've been ever so busy waiting for the wind speed to pick up over 5 knots; charging out of the berth with the flap of a flag, or appearance of a few cat's paws on the water's surface (not real ones).
Fur filmed a part of my first helm of the season this afternoon on his funky Nokia N95, wot apart from being a phone, makes rather cool videos, trims the main and opens the aprés sail beers.
I'm almost certain he did this as proof that he 'allows me' (lucky eh?) to be skipper now and then; and will no doubt play it as a reminder, during future squabbles over whose turn it is to waggle the stick.
I also handled my first noisy motorboat and potential collision situation of the season without swearing incessantly, whilst waving my arms about; rather preferring a mere shrug.

Yippeee.
It's fab this sailing lark.

Below is the (rather boring) clip (and yes I know I've not been too enthusiatic about You Tube on bloogs, but this one is home made and Fur won't let me use any other video sharing services in case we are boarded by pirates).
Wish I knew how to remove the watermark tho.

Fuff out.

Lapels: Crap video editing

Click

8 comments:

nanuk said...

Looks like great fun. But remind me to boycott avsmedia products in the future. What a bunch of killjoys. I'm sure there must be some freeware out there.

Pat said...

Woooooooo-hoooooo!!!!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Sounds windy, anyway.

Ant said...

Glad your season has started sooo well; have a great one and keep us informed.. oh yeh and invite me down for a sail with you guys 'cus I'm bored up here :-) and my sailing guy seems to be slowly leaving me....

rob said...

Nicely set sails! where did you go?

Pynchon said...

I like the way the camera moved up and down for a couple of seconds.

Mummified said...

Ah the freedom of the sea. The salty air, the windburn, my freezing fingers etc etc... Looks like fun Miss Fuff

:-)

Fuff said...

Nanuk - There is, but this was a Real player file and couldn't be edited through Windows unfortunately.

Pat - Heh, rather!

Phos - Not that windy, anyway ;)

Ant - Yeah sure, drop us a line if you are down here! Good to see you're out there too.

Rob - Ta :) Oh you know, here, there and everywhere!

Pynchon - Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!!

Mummified - Oh it is fun! Great stuff, wrenched thumb and all :)