Tuesday, July 3

It's still _____ raining

If only
Thankfully, whilst all is soggy and grey out, my bunk is dry and warm.
I was particularly grateful for this on Saturday night, whilst a severe gale romped its way through; one of many recently, though this one brought a bit of southerly swell in which was lively to say the least. That bastard duck still managed to pitch up and make himself heard over the screaming wind at 3am however and clung onto the pontoon until (obviously) fed.
Speaking of ducks, my dear mama decided to use their eggs for her Yorkshire puddings yesterday. What possessed her I know not. I can't stand duck eggs and once she told me what she'd done, I refused to eat any. Ungrateful child. I didn't tell Fur until he'd eaten though and judging by the fact that he managed to polish quite a few off, they must have been alright.
We've surprisingly now been onboard for 5 weeks. With 2 to go (fingers crossed), I think I've learned a few things. So far...
Cockpit covers are fab. Mullet like headbutting boats. It's never the weather, only the clothes you wear (yeah right). Baileys is nice. Drunk visually impaired people and marine environments don't go together too well, but are extremely entertaining to watch.

13 comments:

rob said...

"its never the weather but the clothes you wear" is very true! I was very grateful for my old Mustos last weekend and my "thinsilate" lined gloves. Oh yes, and its early July, Their all hanging in the Garage drying out at the moment :o))

Anonymous said...

you might also have learned never to be critical of scottish weather which, on the whole (and terrorists apart) has been not too bad at all recently :o))

Fuff said...

Orb - Yep. Me too!

Charlie - No, I haven't learned that bit yet. Your turn next, terrorists aside (scumbags).

Pat said...

Yep - scumbags (terroists, that is). I'm just grateful all virtual buddies are OK - even if a few are slightly tossed!

Fuff said...

Ummmm, tossed EC?

The Phosgene Kid said...

Duck eggs are great - more bang for the buck because they are bigger.

The police actually go out on the lakes and arrest people for DUI while operating boats out here. Drunk boaters have had some horrendous accidents. Our Lake Pleasant ain't so pleasant - a couple bodies have never been recovered.

Pat said...

Hehehehe: tossed, by the high winds and storms a few nights earlier! (^_^)

rob said...

Have you seen some of the AJ launch piccies here

http://blissbloggin.blogspot.com/yet?

Its Looking really good!:o)))))))))))

Fuff said...

LOL, EC !

Thanks Orb, doesn't she look fab!!

rob said...

Sure does! aren`t you proud of what "Mary" has achieved in a funny sort of way? She has done so Blo*dy well, given her situation etc, (being a dumb, blonde, broad, with luminescent teef) that is :o))Haa Haaaa! I don`t really mean all that, I think she`s great really (just in case she reads this) :o)) I just loved the bit in the post where Bliss says she is jumping for joy! I personally reckon she`s got drawing pins in her Crocks? :o))Tee Hee!

rob said...

Oh! the Glasgow terroists van crashing was, police believe, as a result of the commencement of the religious festival kown as "Ram a van" :o(( boom Boom ?

Fuff said...

LOL!!! Teeeheeee! I'll tell her you said that when I next snare her on the ether. She's done very, very well, especially considering that she's not long been an ex-seaweed muncher AND has done it all on her own. Very proud of her :)

Fuff said...

Phos, they are trying to start that here, despite legislation already being in place. Pity really as stats show that it's rare for sail boats to have incidents related to alcohol.
(quack)