
Extraordinary squalls that arrive without warning have been raging through since last night.One minute the sun is blazing and the mercury up to 20 odd degrees and another; the heavens open, releasing rain drops the size of small mammals.
I'm amazed we've lasted this long on the boat. The sound of the lazy jacks grazing against the mast last night almost drove me to distraction and there was absolutely no way I was venturing out to move them, so I resorted to shoving my earplugs as tightly into my head as I could.
We appear to have smoothed things over for now with the flat, estate agent firmly put it his place (though far less violently than I suggested). With 2.5 weeks to go, I'm past caring.
11 comments:
You utilised a semi-colon perfectly.
;)
and yer a cheeky git ;)
moi?
It's a Mallard, I think. He may be lazy, but I don't think his name is Jack. Mallards usually go by "Phil" or "Louie".
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Teehee Phos!!
Acshully, his name is Bastard. See below.
I'd've named him Peking, because that's how he'll end up when I get my hands on him.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Congratulations on the final date for the flat etc, I bet you will miss the boat with all that cleaning and hoovering and decorating and furnishing and community charge and water rates And, and, and,you will inherit :o)) enjoy your new home! May you and Fur be very happy there! and no more Bast*rd? Shame! :o))
Thanks Orb. Rest assured it can always be sold or rented out. Still got my eye on a boat or two..
But I will still be able to see Bastard from the balcony and feed him so all is knot lost..
Post a Comment