Sunday, May 25

Fuzzy

The sight of two rather manky looking chefs sitting outside smoking, as we approached the restaurant on Friday evening did nothing for my appetite. I almost had a Gordon Ramsay moment after 2 glasses of wine on a virtually empty stomach when I noticed on the bill that they had charged for my food. Gits.
Everybody else appeared to enjoy their meal as I mauled a rack of lamb that smelt like mutton and tried to chew on calamari that had the texture of rubber bands.
I had a rather classy hangover to show for my pickiness the following day. The kind that gets worse and worse, until I forced myself to down a G&T to ease my suffering. It's been quite a long time since I last experienced a second heartbeat in my head.
Since adjusting to a rather hectic new schedule, I'd become quite sensible. It's quite nice to know that it hasn't lasted too long.

5 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

Nice to hear American restaurants have not cornered the market on crap food.

Anonymous said...

What's Maria up to? Go and sort her out will you before she gets us really worried!
Daveynireland

Pat said...

Interesting turn of words: "a second heartbeat in my head". I'm gonna have to remember that one!

Here's hoping you've returned to just one heartbeat by now!

Pat said...

PS: I'd have paid good money to witness you acting out your Gordon Ramsey moment!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Mutton is the worst.