Tuesday, September 22

Keep moving....

It's been just over 2 years, since we bought our flat. It was supposed to have been exactly what we wanted. Slap bang on the marina, our own mooring, brilliant views blad di blah.
The only thing we didn't account for, was the non-stop issues with noisy neighbours, for about 22 out of 26 months - 7 days a week.
In the end; it was a choice between staying put and becoming basket cases, or cutting our losses and getting our lives back.
So we have caved. We're off. To the woods. Detached. Not even next to a road. Next week.
I must confess, I am rather skeptical about potential spider encounters, but my bunny seems to enjoy them as a tasty snack and afterall, they're quiet (aside from the hob-nailed boot wearing monsters that run across floors, that is).

8 comments:

rob said...

Whoa thats beautiful! A safe anchorage in an idillic sea somewhere. May you be very happy there! certainly no noisy upstairs neighbours! maybe the odd yapping of a fox or he grunting of a badger or two and perhaps the roar of a 13 pointer stag in the rutting season but they are easy to get used to and ignore not like high heels on a marble floor :o(( a really great choice, enjoy!

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Now that looks like a great place to live.

I'm thinking about buying an apartment somewhere along the south coast to keep a foothold on the UK property ladder and to rent out while I'm away. Potential noisy neighbours is one of the things I've been concerned about...

Fuff said...

Thanks Orb!!
Outdoor, incidental noise has never bothered me. I reckon the odd screaming fox will be nothing to be bothered about heeeheee. Anything is better than Godzilla II upstairs!!

Fuff said...

OC - Our property is in a 1980's building, before the noise regs were tightened up, so a newer place should be ok. Apartments that aren't on the top floor always run the risk tho, especially if they are rented out.
I'm looking forward to it. Not away from the water either. It's 150m from the Beaulieu river. Peace at last, hopefully!

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Wow, so close to the river Beaulieu - a perfect location.

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

...Top floor comment noted :-)

Fuff said...

Damn right! Top floor or nothing for me in the future, but preferably detached.

Pat said...

I like it!