Wednesday, September 30

Onwards

Tomorrow is day three of cleaning/scrubbing/painting/binkying.
I think we'll be in by Saturday night.
I hadn't accounted for the place being so filthy however, apart from the kitchen and the eleventy billion cobwebs outside; but on close approach, I was wrong.
I'm not complaining. It could have been worse. I just don't like other people's dirt.
The paintbrushes have been out too and the fire lit. Last night was not funny, when the chimney wouldn't draw. Pity we hadn't noticed it was half closed....
Bibi is not a happy bunny (no pun intended) at the moment. Being left alone until late, with Radio 3, is poor compensation for a bit of growling and nudging.
Standing outside at dusk is so different to being here. Fortunately, I like bats, as they zoom past an inch from my nose. When it's dark, it's pitch absolute black. I though it would feel a bit eerie; but we are strangely comfortable with the woodland noises and smells.

I have run out of things to type.
Fuff out

4 comments:

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Sounds great. The woodland noises and smells, not the cleaning ;-)

Fuff said...

Yeah. I'm about to declare war on the earwig too...

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Run, earwig, run, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Fuff said...

Heeheee!