Tuesday, October 13

Lost


I can't find my camera. Got to look harder for it tomorrow, or run the risk of over-bunnying the bloog.
It seems that moving out of the city, albeit out of any kind of 'neighbourhood', has slowed both of us right down, thankfully. Some of that will be related to getting away from the stress in the flat tho.
This afternoon, we were both outside getting wood for the fire and doing various bunny proofing jobs, when a pair of rather large badgers tore past in grunting fashion and great haste, through the brambles.
Now I know exactly what the scrabbling noises outside at night are; tho I had suspected it was badgers, due to the tracks around the house.
They were probably minding their own business, until we wandered out and decided to make a run for it back to their set.
I don't blame them. Nasty 'orrid 2 foots are the root of most, if not all evil.

4 comments:

rob said...

How lovely! I love the way they sort of Bumble along. They are the UKs biggest carnivore except for man himself and the beast of Bodmin of course :o))

Fuff said...

Yeah, I know the beast of Bodmin well. She has a rather hefty appetite. LOL

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Wow! Having badgers just outside sounds awesome. They have a bad reputation (TB) with farmers but I'm sceptical about that. Anyway, they're kinda cute :-)

Fuff said...

They reckon only 10% of badgers carry TB and I'm not sure there's any truth in the transmission of it to cattle either!