Saturday, March 4

Iron Sky

One of the friends over for dinner last night is a very enthusiastic racer. He has a rather whizz bang new yacht and has been pestering us for a while to go out and crew. He's such a lovely chap and I often feel guilty for consistently declining (politely). Racing is something that most sailors either love or hate. I'm somewhere inbetween. I like to race if it's in the Corinthian spirit of a 'jolly' and nobody's genuinely pushing for a result. Start lines however, are always an issue and are a part of the race where the most colourful language can be heard coming out of my mouth.
I couldn't do the serious stuff. Not only is it bloody hard work, but most fast racing yachts are 'stripped out'. This means no comfort, rubbish food, as luxuries are only allowed on board if they are weightless and sleeping in the company of others. Also, this particular boat doesn't have a door to the head (the bog). Imagine that?! Relieving yourself in the presence of a bunch of hairy arsed racers....no ta.

8 comments:

Cheshire Cat said...

Ta! Did you make these are or they store-bought?

Your buns are lovely. ;-D

Fuff said...

M&S's own.

Overboard said...

I didn't know M&S sold cranes now!

Fuff said...

LOL, I swapped em round, fort you'd be the first to notice.

Overboard said...

Trying to outfox your readers, huh? Make us confused? You'll lose readership if you pull this kind of malarkey again.

rob said...

Im not a fan of Racing either, too many flags being flown when someone steals your wind or cuts across the bow. the rules are two much to remember with too may appeals placed! Nah! not for me.

Fuff said...

He he Rob, I presume you mean the 'I hate you' red protest flag?!

rob said...

Thats it. I have a mate who has won most of his races purely because of his knowlege of the rules and use of the protest flag!wheres the sport in that?