The events of the last few days have disrupted my memory somewhat. I have forgotten to buy food, not wear my deckies to work and today was the last chance to get a birthday card to
Fur's father in time for tomorrow.
Challenge Fuffeka or what. First stop, find card shop. All of the normal ones were closed and didn't want to send one from Sainsbury's (last minute rush cards are so obvious). Next, after card purchase, was the dash to get it posted in time, so ran around trying one post box after another until eventually managing to send it. By now I was worn out.
This annoyed me, as I am usually the proverbial heffalump, with knot tied in trunk and when I do (very rarely) forget things, I get frustrated.
The worst was yet to come when, due to forgetting yet again to buy milk and bread etc, we had to resort to the scary supermarket; the lair of all ear rings hoopy, scrunchies and tracksuits.
Made it home in one piece though and did a reasonable day's work. The only hiccup being, that whilst chatting to a colleague about my cousin, she started to cry. I managed to escape, virtually unscathed, by exiting the room sharply, going straight to the kitchen and stuffing a chocolate éclair into my mouth.
On the way home, I noticed that one of the ferries had thwacked into the quay and looked a bit dented.There were lots of police and ambulances about. Just read that eight people were injured, nobody seriously, thank goodness.
8 years ago

15 comments:
Oh, I know exactly what you mean, Fuffster! I call it my 'black hole in head' syndrome. Very, very sad. In my case, it's genetics and old age, but you, you're a spring chicken, a fresh salad, a... a...
Oh, dear, I feel hunger pangs attacking me! ;-)
Glad you managed to post the card, but egads to the personages you encountered at the supermarket. :-O
You deserve an extra helping of cheese for surviving that terrible misadventure: <) <) <) <) <) Here are some biscuits to go with your cheese wedges: O O O O O O O
Chocolate eclairs are a wonder, aren't they? ;-)
Hope you're not overthinking on things, but focusing on more joyful times. :0)
Noel! Sturdy fellow, isn't he? :-)
And if I were a subversive person, which I ain't, of course, I could almost imagine Noel gesturing in a rude way. But, no, not Noel! ;-)
LOL, T. He's only a baby, so couldn't be!
I feel a bit better today thanks, lot of work helped.
:-D
Well, I did say, not Noel... tee hee!
LOL
Nice tree - are you growing your own log house?
Yes, should be finished in about 2080.
Is he it a sitca spruce or a douglas fir? ;o)or just a normal noel? I once had a "grumpy" bonsai eucalyptus! but he had a short life.
There`s a lot of it about!
http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2005/2/5/105663.html :o))I do sympathise with the skipper as I had a similar situation when I couldn`t get one engine to go astearn, and nearly wiped out the new Brigton toilet block! :o))Oops!and that was only at about two knots and sixteen ton!
It was doing 10 knots, Rob. The stern was a bit messy.
Where was it that the crash you saw occurred, Weymouth? or Newhaven!
Southampton, Rob, Town Quay. Was one of the Red Funnel IOW ferries, Red Falcon I think.
Was the duty free shop OK? :o)) I am going to the I.O.W. on Friday next! for a few days, (please don`t ask me why!) don`t I live "high on the hog" just? :o))I would have normally gone by boat to Cowes or Whotton creek but I`m repairing the port engine ;o(( blo*dy engines! I must go back to sail!
You'll be okay, Rob. Service is back to usual, it hit the link span before it walloped the quay so most of the damage has been to the ferry.
Did you manage to get the eclair in all in one go? Respect.
Post a Comment