No prizes for guessing what I've been up to again. I did do some work though. Cleaned the tiller, which required a hefty amount of elbow grease.It's not been very warm. Bearable with sunshine, chilly without. Thank goodness for thermals.
The marina emptied, then filled back up again with visting yachts, some of which were charter vessels. It's always important to distinguish between the two, especially if you're a prat in a dinghy. This is because the charter companies will let anybody take their boats out, no qualifications required. This normally results in a fair bit of chaos, but particulary whilst mooring up. Some people even pay the 'break the boat if you want to' extra insurance payment, just to secure their bank balances.
It's always a good idea to steer clear of a boat that's trying to get into a berth, but when these types are about, you get away, far away. Only then can one retire at a safe distance and enjoy the ensuing hilarity.
4 comments:
I recognise that foot. Is that not the royal barge though?
DOWN WITH THE MONARCHY!
Crikey, Fuffster, anyone can take those beautiful boats out?
You and Fur be careful, you hear?
Fuff you take the most amazing pictures of water i have ever seen. You must love it a lot, that's why.
SC - Just the humble Fuff barge I'm afraid.
T - They do, well almost, as long as you pretend to know about sailing and get yer wallet out, at least.
Chloe - I do love the water so. Only on days when caught out in rough weather and bucket after bucketful of the stuff is lobbed over me do I think about reconsidering..
Post a Comment