I am too tired to think of anything other than ducks and cheesecake.This pair, along with a few others, are responsible for ten days of interrupted sleep. They are being tracked by another five drakes, intent on taking the female. The poor things flap around all night, quacking, splashing, crash landing and trying very hard to fend them off.
For the past few days, come lunchtime, they're so tired that they've been settling on this pontoon for a preen and a quick nap. The drake sits on one leg, which becomes quite stiff. As he gets up to re-launch, he pauses for an arabesque, then hobbles along until the feeling in it returns.
Last year, the same pair decided to nest in the cockpit of my friend's boat. He wasn't very happy about it, but left them there regardless and fed them, despite the fact that he couldn't go sailing for over two months.
5 comments:
Loved your post title for this one fuff! Poor little couple. Poor fuff - hope everyone gets a better night's sleep soon!
ROTFLMAO!!
Sorry, Fuffster; not laughing at your sleep deprivation or your friend's sorrow at not being able to sail for 2 months last year. I was cracking up at your post title. :-)
I don't suppose a large crocodile mascot would do much to frighten the ducks away. Maybe a muted roar (recorded, of course) now and again to go with it? I think some of the children's toy stores have such critters.
Good luck with the duck-noise pollution (and probably various other detritus as well).
XXXXX
Charlie - Really? Does it? How? :)
EC - Thanks, I really feel for them. The female is nearly drowning every time they get a chance to get close. They are prowling as I type. Poor thing.
T - Hee hee, you're just egging me on aren't you?! Hmm?
I? Egg you on? Would I do that?
'Course I would! Go get 'em, Princess! ;-)
T - Yesh, you would :)
Charlie - Ha ha!!
Post a Comment