Today I went to the hairdresser for my thrice yearly trim. Fortunately, my hair is very long, so I can avoid the frequent ear lowering that shorties have to put up with, as I loathe going. The women make me feel inferior and almost ugly. I've never been interested in 'keeping up with the Joneses' and wouldn't know what is in or out of fashion and it shows. I usually get away with being sneered at for about five minutes, until the scruffy deck shoes are copped (I also don't buy glossy magazines, bloody hell, they really are filthier than I ever remember).Not being the best conversationalist on the planet makes it even worse. I have very limited small talking capabilities and can become monosyllabic when bored, which can be intensely irritating and really doesn't do me any favours.
So, I spent an hour and a half, looking at my feet whilst mumbling answers to stupid questions and feeling generally awkward. I'm sure that the mirrors in these places are especially made to make you look dreadful. The bitch also snagged my hair about twenty times, which hurt, a lot. I drew the line when she caught my nose with her comb, twice, and had to make my discomfort known. If she didn't cut it right and I wasn't quite aware of the fact that all hairdressers salons are witches covens, I'd go elsewhere.
7 comments:
"Thrice yearly trim!*?!!
I have no hair and have to go every 5 weeks or so.
Um, I am shamed. I'd rather be shamed than be in there every five minutes though.
Fuff: You too?!! I thought I was the only one that despised those vile establishments! I was certain every hairdresser on the face of the planet had to take an oath to embarrass, humiliate and harm me before they could receive their certification!!!
I hate the fact that once you find a stylist you like, who doesn't cut your hair like the ass end of an English sheepdog, they move on to another salon and don't tell you. It's happened to me about five times over the past ten years.
I'm starting to take it personal.
But a comb up the nose twice is unforgivable. Coven witches, indeed!
EC - It's uncanny isn't it.
Lyvvie - In a perfect world, hairdressers would be just like us and wouldn't dream of moving on. Thanks for the return comment!
Charlie - LOL
I've always had the best hair cutting experiences with male hairdresser. I really don’t want to talk about Oprah for a half hour.
I hope she got the tip she deserved.
Sarah, at the prices they charge there's no excuse for nose whacking, absolutely not. I used to have a male hairdresser in Athens. He was a dreadful gossip!
Post a Comment