Wednesday, May 17

Fragile

Around an hour after I woke up this morning, I took a long look into the bottle of wine in the kitchen that was left out last night. I needed to find the rest of the herd of elephants stampeding in my head and shoo them away.
It's been a while since I had any alcohol, so four glasses of wine made for a pretty sloshed Fuff. I noticed a dizzy feeling after the first but had the extra three, regardless.
Boy did I regret it today. I haven't had a hangover like this for ages. No whinging about the weather or sailing or blah blah. All I wanted to do was get my head down, which I did for the vast part of the afternoon.
I remember falling into bed last night and having a bizarre dream that starred Oliver Reed.
Office tomorrow (yik), then weekend. The weather's going to be rubbish, so we might or might not go out and watch Dee Caffari come home from sailing round the world, alone, the wrong way (against prevailing wind and tide). That's got to be worth a honk or three (fnaar).

9 comments:

Fuff said...

LOL. I'm doomed if I've old age to look forward to at 31!

Mummified said...

The Volvo ocean race arrives in Portsmouth soon from New York. Are you going to take a peek ? :-)

Fuff said...

Possibly, Mummified. They are finishing off Portsmouth at the weekend before some inshore racing in the Solent, so will get more than one chance to see them. A couple of dodgy depressions are heading in though and can't be certain about the weather as we have gales forecast for now.

Tillerman said...

The bad news is that those hangovers only get worse as you get older.

The good news is that you forget them more quickly so you end up having them more often. No wait - that's bad news too.

Overboard said...

Why haven't you had any booze? Drunk from my blog, most likely!
:)

Fuff said...

Tillerman - I'm not sure whether to look forward to that or not..

Maria - LOL, do it! do it!

Dirk - It's a type of rolling pin.

rob said...

Ollie Reed`s! not so bad it could have starred me then where would you have been :o)) when he lived near us in Ockley (before he moved to Jersey) He used to let me release mute swans on his lake when I had a surplus of new bred ones. he was basically a generous and nice man he had a great cider house on his estate and people were known to enter it and not come out for days, the thing I remember about it was the great table with everybodies name carved into it.

Cheshire Cat said...

Oh, dear, Fuff! I thought hair of the dog, or more, was supposed to be a cure for hangovers... not cause more. :-)

Fuff said...

Rob - Oliver Reed, I rather liked, God rest his soul.

T - Erk. I have tried the hair of the dog on too many occassions. The only problem being, that I have ended up with even worse hangovers the following day.