Thursday, June 15

Bye bye Wasp

This evening I counted more than 50 bunnies (not including Sin) and I haven't had a drop.
Fur picked his new toy up earlier, so we went for an extra long mooch (it has a huge boot that could easily accommodate a squadron of loony spaniels).
The country had almost come to a standstill after 1700, due to a World Cup football match, which was very jammily won by the England side (I saw a snippet before leaving the house and reckoned they were going to be stuffed). I also couldn't get a flipping cab because of that and the cricket, as I left the office at precisely the time that the mass exodus to the TV set was afoot.
I can't watch football. Aside from (typical) not being interested, unless Greece are winning the European Cup (once, good job too as I almost had a stroke a few times), I can't bear the way that footballers snot and gob on the pitch. It's utterly vile and they should get their ears nipped for it.

3 comments:

Tillerman said...

Yeah it said on American TV that England were playing Trinindad AND Tobago. Hardly sporting what! England only has about a third share or its island and they have to play TWO other islands. Did Trinidad and Tobago have 11 players each or could they only muster 11 guys who could kick a ball straight between them? If England won it must mean that GOD IS ON OUR SIDE. 1966 AND ALL THAT ALL OVER AGAIN. CRY GOD FOR HARRY ...

Pynchon said...

What a great phrase! Get their ears nipped.

Pat said...

Purty toy ... congrats Fur! Is Sin allowed in it?

I completely agree on the football - but I've been immersed in it 'cuz of my company being so involved in it. It sure has made making travel arrangements for my (suddenly) globe trotting boss and his entourage interesting!