This morning's second wake up alarm was the sound of very loud thunder. Fur had already left for work and I was not very happy. Thunder scares me. Silly I know, but it does, especially if I'm on my own. My mum used to tell me that thunder happens because of fighting dwarves in the sky. She was a hippie in case you hadn't already guessed.
The first rude awakening, before Fur left for work, was a very large moth. It flapped and divebombed round the room quite unpredictably, making me hide under the covers, almost running out of air until it was chased out. I would have left the building had it been up to me to get rid of it.
I will close the blinds tonight. It's too humid to even think straight but cooler than the last few days.
I learned a useful lesson today too. Heavy food and hot weather don't mix very well.
8 years ago
9 comments:
Oh man ... I positively love thunderstorms! Have ever since I was a kid. I'm sorry you don't...it's really tough when one is frightened of them. My son is very much frightened by them, and he really suffers 'cuz he tries so hard to "be brave".
On a side note of humor: last night (our 4th of July), I spent babysitting two very nervous and frightened dogs because we started out with very loud thunderstorms, high winds and torrential downpours, followed immediately by very loud fireworks! Hubby and son left just before the storms started to see some fireworks; I staid home with the dogs 'cuz I knew the house would be completely destroyed in their frightened frenzy if someone didn't stay with them. It was quite a sight and would have made for great photos had someone been there to take them: one nearly 50 pound dog and the other roughly 85 pound dog, crowding next to little ol' me on the sofa - each literally trying to climb into my lap with each loud bang!!
You were interrupted, too!
My Mom used to tell me thunderstorms were 'Angels bowling in Heaven'. LOL!
My Grams would make me crawl under her dining room table & burn palms (those dried leaves they give out in churches) in an ashtray while she smoked cigarettes & drank brandy!
It's not the thunder that scares me, it's that nasty lightning. My brother told me that you could get electrocuted by sitting on the toilet when there was a thunder storm, even if it was miles and miles and miles away because the lightening travelled in the pipes. For this reason I never really used the toilet for a large part of my childhood. Hence my silly walk.
f
If you hear the thunder, the lightening missed you.
You seem to have angered the flying spirits-first the bird and now this moth. Are your in-laws doing voodoo on you?
Have you seen Mummy? When I go to her blog its just a white screen.
EC - Fireworks and thunder are particularly hard on doggies, the former particularly. Poor things.
Maria - Yesh
Jin - That sounds really cool!
Kieran - LOL. I don't like answering the phone during storms and yes, lightning CAN get you indoors too. Remote possibility but hey.
Fairscape - Ha ha ha. I doubt it, but just to be on the safe side, I've been wearing all me turquoise, flinging plenty of salt about and shooting the odd crow. No, haven't seen that, how odd...
Fighting dwarves? Is that anything like midget wrestling? And just what were the staturally-challenged supposed to be fighting about?
Fairscape: I'm glad you mentioned the anomoly at Mummy's blogsite - I thought it was just my weird computer. I do hope everything is OK...
Charlie - Exactly. Nobody else believs me when I tell them that.
Nanuk - They fight over large coffee tables apparently.
Post a Comment