This morning I woke up in a good mood, having returned home last night relatively unscathed and with the added bonus of a dalmation foot stool thrown in after midnight, I had been pleasantly surprised. Although I had been dreading it, I managed to be nice all evening and it seemed to pay off.We decided to avoid sailing. Today is the end of Cowes Week and my mum is out on the water, so thought we'd go to Glastonbury instead.
Glastonbury is a really strange place. Full of Wickens on weekend shopping sprees for magic stones, comical tramps that fall off kerbs whilst amusingly exclaiming 'ohhhhh, bacon' and sailors looking for funky gibbons.
I bought a fab new khaftan. It took a while to find one that didn't make me look like a psychedelic marquee, but got there in the end. It smells of patchouli. It was quite difficult to persevere the smell of incense in each quirky little shop without heaving tho, made even more difficult by the tenderness I felt from the bucketful of hot salsa I scoffed last night. My bottom was not a happy place earlier on, but you don't want to know about that.
The last time I smelt such pungent incense was when I used to burn it in my bedroom to mask the smell of the cigarettes I wasn't supposed to be smoking.
Anyhoo, time to go out and be nice yet again, this time to Whizz Bang, which shouldn't be too difficult.


3 comments:
OOOhhh! Glastonbury! David always says that's one of the first places he'll take me when we get to England! He says I'll just LOVE it!
What's the foodporn? Looks like puff pastry...but I can't tell if it's savory or sweet? If it's savory I'll bet it's cheese, if sweet, hmmm...almond paste or peach?
LOL at the "Dragon" sticker...me and my son both would be fighting over that one! And I agree with Jin - what's the food porn? Now you've gone and got me hungry!...
Charlie - I'm sorry about that. Who's BA Robertson?
Jin - I'm sure you would love Glastonbury, it's funky place. The food porn is a cheese lattice, the filling is like soufflé :)
Pat - Tee heee!!!
Post a Comment