If you fancy a spot of souvlaki (tastes great made with soya too) and gratin dauphinois for dinner, make sure you have very little to do all day and can handle yourself if in the presence of sharp blades.I'm afraid of mandolins (but not Captain Corelli's).
Also, due to the extremely high fat content of the gratin, it is considered prudent to prepare for evening scoffing, cos calories don't count after 8!
8 comments:
Cheeky git.
mmmmm looks so good!
YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've tried to make gratin dauphinois sooooo many times! I can't seem to get it right! Help??
Thanks guys!!
Meherenow - Gratin dauphinois (for half a kilo of spuds) - You need waxy potatoes, peel and cut very thinly, preferably with a mandolin (erk). Butter gratin dish and lay em out. Then bring 250ml of cream and half as much milk to the boil, in which you've added a clove or so of grated garlic, salt and pepper.
Pour over the sliced potatoes so that they are just covered and fling in the oven (180-200 degrees) for around an hour or until the potatoes are cooked to your liking. Oh yeah, half way through, grate a load of gruyere or emmental on top. Bingo :)
I could definitely eat some souvlaki right now.
You're killing me with your food porn Fuff (but thank you!)
Phu - So could I *rumble*
Pat - LOL, no worries. Hope you're having lots of fun xxx
Edina - Hahahaha. OK :) xxx
Post a Comment