Wednesday, August 30

Not just for gerbils

I have a very bad, for UK norms, antisocial habit. After walking round the supermarket, whichever I happen to be in; and standing at the checkout, I stare at other's shopping. I can't help myself.
People's shopping says a lot about them and my inquisitive nature always gets the better of me. That (sez Fur), until one day, when someone will punch me and then I'll go back to Greece and carry on without interruption or fear of verbal and physical violence.
During this evening's supermarket stare, I stumbled across some roasted and salted sunflower seeds from Greece, amongst other things Hellenic that I usually trog up to London for.
Typical.

9 comments:

rob said...

My Gorillas loved them and would spend hours delicately looking for them in their deep litter. So sad to see such a great animal in captivity! whats the option, to retain the gene pool? they are now being slaughtered for logger meat in the wild and close to extincion and that is for ever!

jin said...

Haha!!! I do that too, except I'm usually really grossed out 'cuz they buy disgusting combos of things.
Most prevalent combo =
4 (24 can) boxes of diet soda
10 pounds of dodgey looking ground meat
5 jumbo bags of potato chips
and
Wonder bread (Do you have that there? It's the stuff that you can squish up the WHOLE loaf to fit into a tiny ball in your hand! LOL!)

One can't help but stare! :-)

Lyvvie said...

I do that all the time!! It's shocking how many chubby grannies fill thier trolleys with cakes and McVities digestives! I've never had anyone give me a row about trolley trawling though - I know they do it too. It's just an unspoken yet acceptable invasion of personal space.

Thanks for the comments on my blog - nice to meet you!!

CCCCppppCCppp said...

f

The stares are not as bad as the comments. Before his last Cardiac arrest my Sonnyboy could eat. At 6 feet tall 200 pounds he could eat a lot. He could only eat babyfood though for while he could swallow he could not chew. Try loading up your cart with 100 jars of baby food (about one weeks worth) and see what people say. We often would shop for the whole month - about 20 cases of the stuff. The store was not able to do a per case price so I would have to stand there while they added up hundreds of jars of the stuff one jar at a time...

The sunflower seeds look lovely. They are supposed to be good for you if you are trying to quit smoking.

Citymouse said...

I like to figure out what they are trying to have for dinner. Sometimes I even ask..."Ohh your making dog food?" "No, soup"
"I see."

I love sunflower seeds, but my hasband has to be out of the house if I am to eat them-- he tells me they are too loud

Fuff said...

Rob - People can be such bastards can't they?..

Jin - LOL! Of course not! Makes sense when you look at their complexions :)

Charlie - No, the other two were my feet.

Lyvvie - Haha! I know. Perhaps they ate healthily all their lives and can splurge out on the naughty stuff - a kind of race...erk. Nice to meet you too and thanks for the return comment.

Fairscape - I do hope they were nice comments :) Too many sunflower seeds can make you feel sick and give you a headache. They would also probably be responsible for huge weight gain in someone using them to keep orf the fags (cigarettes).

Citymouse - Hehehe. They do make a lot of noise and mess :)

MeHereNow said...

I love trolley watching! I'm not subtle about it either I tend to wait till we're at the checkout so I can see how much their crap costs! Tell you something their alcohol and junk food never seems to cost half as much as my fruit and veg (I don't buy crap I cook from scratch). No wonder so many people are overweight - its cheaper!!

Fuff said...

LOL! I don't buy junk food, ever..but am guilty of the odd bottle of plonk, or two :)

Pat said...

I people watch all the time. What always amazes me is watching parents at the checkout realizing they have to give something up in order to have enough money - and nearly every time they choose to keep the beer or alcohol, but put back the diapers or baby food. Forgive me, but some people just should not be allowed to procreate!