Monday, August 28

Hallo matey peeps

These and other things I bought on Friday will hopefully get me through most of Autumn.

8 comments:

jin said...

Hey! That's sesame candy on the left isn't it? I make that, it's really good! Looks like nougatine in the center. That I make but it never turns out perfect! LOL.

Citymouse said...

mmm comfort food.. yum!

rob said...

Marmite in quorn lumps etc make it taste like stewed steak Ish! great food , It was used on trench foot too, I guess the salt helped cure it?

Overboard said...

B'in reading your blog for nearly a year now. I really like it.

MeHereNow said...

Hi just found your blog from jin!

I love greek food too we have a couple of greek friends who keep us stocked up on our favourites (mainly feta and vine leaves!)on their,very,frequent trips back home!Oh and hubby loves this biscuit/cake type thing don't know what its called!

We visit an Arab shop in Brighton every month or so - isn't sticking to a budget near on impossible?!

Fuff said...

Charlie - Did you know it's actually pronounced marmeet?

Jin - Yeah. It's called pasteli. Sesame seeds and nuts, caramelised. Very more'ish :)

City Mouse - Oh yes :)

Rob - That sounds gross and I can only imagine it being a cure for something like trench foot.

Bead - Ta. Do it!

Meherenow - Welcome :) I think sticking to a budget when nice things are involved is near on impossible. Lucky you! Whenever I go to Athens, I always come back with stockpiles of things I like, but they never last long. Sniffle.

Fuff said...

Chairrrrrrmin.

Pat said...

Ne'er fret Fuff...not everyone can be properly schooled in the correct pronunciation of Maaar-meeet, as I've taught you and Fur! Charlie gets an E for Effort, tho, dontchathink? <|:))