So, an executive decision was made to go to York this evening. I've been there many times and have never been disappointed. For the sake of an extra twenty miles and no getting lost on the way back to the hotel, I think it would perhaps have been better to have stayed there in the first place.There are so many things to see there. The beautiful Minster (where God lives), loads of museums, city walls, pretty streets, restaurants etc; York has something for everyone.
My memory served me well this evening, as I remembered a good Italian restaurant from my last visit, over 10 years ago and lo and behold, it's still there.
Had a great meal, but my main course of asparagus and ricotta stuffed tortelloni was heaven on a plate.
4 comments:
Oh yum! Dinner last night for us ended up being simple pan fried pork steaks, with bowtie pasta and broccoli in a creamy garlic herb sauce. I think I like your dinner far better!
Pat - Your meal sounds lovely. I would have had that for third course :)
Charlie - I am anvious of your marmite. It would probably have been nice with the tortelloni.
That pasta does look YUMMY!!!
:-D
I asked David if he'd ever been to Leeds. He said it can be a bit of a 'tough' neighborhood at times. lol.
Fortunately he was not aware of the bedspead thing either. But he did remind me of this one time.....but I'm NOT talking!
Jin - Go on..tell us :) Yeah, tough neighbourhood is the very least that comes to mind. The pasta was fab...divine, almost as good as your cakes look.
Post a Comment