Just got back from a drive into the dark and unknown, spending two hours searching yet again for a place from which to purchase some comestibles and stuff.The car's satellite navigation system was behaving strangely, sending us to obscure areas we found quite difficult to find a way out of.
I personally blame Fur. He has yet to make it back from meetings without calling to say he is lost, followed by a step by step internet assisted confused guide through the poxy one way system here, only to become more and more lost. Being a rather cruel individual, I found this all rather funny. It was virtually impossible to suppress the fits of giggles that consumed me and I cracked up on a number of occasions, which didn't go down too well.
Ah yes, two hooded individuals tried to get into the car as he pulled over to look at a street sign. The doors were fortunately locked and I'm told that one of them may have had their toes squished in Fur's haste to leave.
4 comments:
Too bad Fur only got his toes! And only one of them to boot - should have aimed for both of them!
Im sure they only wanted to help him as they could see he was lost! yea Right!!!!!!I heard a story some years ago where some strangers were bouncing a friends car up and down by the bonnet to get them to open their door! the lights changed and my friend drove off rapidly, scattering the individuals either side of the car! when she next had the car serviced the mechanic met her at the entrance of his garage looking very glum and asked her if there was anything she wanted to tell him? she thought that their was a real problem with her caruntil he explained that he had found a whithered finger (coomplete with the knuckle) jammed in the radiator grill! Ouch! the Police were concerned but had no information on the owner and so no further action was taken! I had rather hoped that there were more bits to be found, but there wern`t !
f
Good to see you are having fun on your vacation!
Pat - I was quite shocked acshully. This happened in broad daylight in the middle of the city. Don't think that squished toes would put them off doing it again sadly.
Rob - That's a gruesome story. Did she sell the car, or leave the finger in the grille as a deterrent?
Fairscape - LOL@vacation. I'd rather go on holiday to Hades.
Charlie - Yeah. A Yorkshireman from Leeds said that didn't he?
Post a Comment