Wednesday, October 4

In the wars


My Grandmother always used to chastise me whenever I clumsily bashed myself. She'd tell me that I would have problems with my knees when I grew up if I continued to carelessly thwack them on the furniture, something I could never quite understand, but who actually understands what their old granny says anyway?
Some years have passed since then and although I'm slightly more cautious than I used to be, I still manage to injure myself, albeit superficially, on a regular basis.
Yesterday was one of those days.
Whilst opening a blind, I knocked the above sign off its little hook. One of the corners landed sharply on my bare toes, causing a short string of expletives to whimper out of my mouth. Not bad. The sign is still intact and back in its place, despite receiving a copious amount of scowls.
The rest of the day went by smoothly without further incident.
Upon climbing into bed however, I managed to hit a bone in my foot so hard that I leapt sideways and shot out of the room at lightning speed and in sheer agony. Why and how, I know not.
I must have woken the entire marina as I 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh %£&$*'d my way around the apartment on one leg. It hurt so much that my leg ached up to the knee.
Poor Fur nearly had a coronary, as he was half asleep at the time and looked slightly pale by the time he caught up with me and found out what was wrong.

5 comments:

Overboard said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
The visuals are great!

Citymouse said...

oh, I hate that run-out-of-the-room-pain!
eekk
Hope your okay now.

Dan said...

Fuff, none of us are immune to a bit of clumsiness every now and then. Who knows why it happens? :)

Imagine how embarrassed this guy was!

Fuff said...

Charlie - So it would seem, although mine preferred the term 'bairn'. The foot has miraculously cured itself ta.

Rigsby - I thort you'd like that. Wicked woman!

City Mouse - Yeah, it's awful at the time, but better now thanks :)

Dan - LOL! I would have knocked it down for him. 2 weekends? Pah!

Pat said...

Oh...OUCH, OUCH...Ooooohhh

LOL...ROFLMAO...LOLOLOLOL

Ooooooohh...OUCHOUCHOUCH and YEEEEEOWCH!!