Thursday, October 5

Is it the parents or the children?

One of our neighbours has two children that sometimes come to stay at the weekend.
Boys, aged 4 and 6 years old.
Completely out of control, they spend their entire visit charging around the building, crashing into people's front doors, screeching at the top of their voices and doing their utmost to make a nuisance of themselves.
Bearing in mind that this isn't a family orientated building, their behaviour has some of the residents knocking back the beta blockers like they're going out of fashion.
I'm pretty indifferent about children and don't have any of my own but like most girlies, I'm rather fond of babies, it's just the older ones who don't behave that I'm not overly keen on.
If I were to spend more than an hour with this pair, I would probably go off kids for life.
What really interests me is the way that their parents allow them to cause merry hell, kicking seven bells out of the lift until they break it; rendering the wheelchair bound guy on the top floor without a means to get in and out of the building and generally trashing the place.
They just let them get on with it.
One of the little gits is also gifted with an extremely precocious mouth. I've been tempted to pick him up by his ears whilst on the receiving end of some of the outrageously cheeky things he has said.
His parents think it's funny. Nobody else does.
Although I realise I'm not particularly tolerent, this has got the easiest going person I know's knickers in a twist and we all thank our lucky stars that it's only the odd weekend of chaos.
I just hope that if I do ever have children, I won't allow them to become the bane of everyone elses lives.
Rant over. Fuff out.

5 comments:

Pynchon said...

Kids are great! Especialy boiled with a bit of salt and pepper. Yummy.

Pat said...

I say it's definitely the parents. Thus the boiling and thrashing should occur to them first, then the children. Best method: make the brats watch the parents get the tar beat out of them, knowing that their's is coming next.

Oh dear!! Did I just say that out loud??

Citymouse said...

It is the parents, my children behave beautifully... when they are around someone else or in public.. for this I can except they they are lil shits when they are with me.

Overboard said...

"Charging around".
Tee hee.

Fuff said...

Charlie - Do you still have anger issues?

Fur - LOL

Pynchon - Ewwwww. Worth a try tho I suppose :)

Pat - Erk! Errrrrrr......!

Fairscape - Very true. I don't think any of us are prepared to talk to the paent though, not until something seriously bad happens. It just wouldn't be worth it I don't think.

City Mouse - Hahaha! Ah well, at least you can be proud of their behaviour in public!

Rigsby - Yes.