Monday, October 9

Time to switch off and do something less boring instead

Phones are a nuisance. Especially mobile/cell types.
I use mine for calling people, receiving calls and sending the odd SMS. It can do more, but I bore easily and only ever get as far as staring blankly at the menu, before giving up and doing something else.
For some reason, unknown to myself, I spent an hour today trying to persuade my service provider to give me an upgrade that I'd have to pay for; all because I wanted the cursed thing for free.
I'd already chosen a model that wouldn't cost a bean and would be with me the next day, but from the moment I saw the super funky gibbons 3G internetty gadget, that was it. I had to have one and if they wouldn't give it to me, I'd leave and join another provider.
Autumn is obviously driving me mad already.

9 comments:

jin said...

LOL!!!
It must have been awfully shiny looking!!!
:-D

Fuff said...

Jin - It's kind of purpley and I want it. NOW :) Acshully, it's just a Windows mobile device and quite useful really. Like having a pocket laptop. Grrr. Heehee!

Charlie - Aye and live in shoeboxes no doubt, if yer lucky :)

Pat said...

LOL Fuff! You're a techy at heart, you are!

Godinla said...

Is it Autumn that does it? So, what can I blame last Summer's madness on? In fact, I don't recall a non-seasonal madness. Perhaps my madness is...normal?

rob said...

Did you get a free techy dofus from them? in the end! or anywhere else, for that matter :o))

Citymouse said...

Okay... what color is the new phone? LOL

Dan said...

Fuff, don't hate me! I am partly responsible for the explosion in cell phones around the world. And I worked on 3G for years. I wrote the original call processing requirements for systems in the US. I'm not proud of that. :)

If you want to read all of the satirical details, mosey on down to here.

Fuff said...

Pat - Do you think so? Hmmm :)

Gravymaster - I like to think of it as a good excuse, but truly I do not like Autumn!

Rob - Yeah, I did. After another hour of negotiations today. Heehee.

City Mouse - Not entirely sure, sort of silver and purple I think....

Dan - OK. As you've fessed up to your crime, I'll let you off! Very interesting stuff though. Did you write the Bubblebreaker game? I love it :)

Anonymous said...

Yay, 3G, I spent the last 5.5 years of my life presuading people that it was worthwhile. Now I know that time was not wasted...