Saturday, December 30

An interesting day

This morning, after a rather cantankerous start, the anticipation of a possible visit to the Maul looming for more shopping, I quickly changed moods upon the receipt of some special post.
Maria sent me the prettiest little Japanese fish and fab musical card that I've gleefully been teasing Fur with for most of the day. Only the Japanese could create a card that plays 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town' from beginning to end! Teeeheeee!!
I also received a lovely, pretty card from Chloe. Thank you!
By 1500, I managed to pull myself together for an encounter (mad dash) with the sales mad masses and we set off; our journey very rudely interrupted by a rather nasty car accident involving the car in front of us. How the impacting, swerving vehicles missed us I do not know, but thank heavens, nobody was seriously hurt. Both cars were written off, the girl who caused the accident ran a red light in a last moment lane change and was very upset and shocked. Hopefully she'll pay more attention in future. A very lucky escape.
A storm is coming through tonight. We already have 60 knots in the marina and I'm hoping it won't get up even more, as tomorrow is Christmas Day II at my mum's and we need to be awake early.
I expect a day of relaxation, laughter and cheating at board games will leave us in far better stead than the past week and am looking forward to it tremendously.

6 comments:

Overboard said...

First! Oh, I remember why I chose this card for you guys now. It's because the Santa reminded me of you after a few drinks. He kind of looks ready to fall into the marina. LOL. Tee hee.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! to both of you, have a really super new year.
Rob x

Anonymous said...

Ah, a day of cheating at board games! Sounds like my kind of day. Have fun :o)

CCCCppppCCppp said...

fuff

Don't forget to pack some "extra" Monopoly money...

Love,

fairsCaPe

Fuff said...

Maria - How dare you say I look like Father Christmas, the expression was rite tho I spose.LOL.

Orb - To you too, thank you :)

Charlie - Ta!

Fairscape - We ended up playing Pictionary and Trivial Pursuit. I resisted cheating tho am not sure about the others....Had ever such a larf though, my sides still hurt!

Overboard said...

The expression. The expression. tee hee.