Thursday, December 28

Leftovers

Bubble and Squeak
The day started late, due to the neighbour's burglar alarm screaming out until it appeared to wear itself out. By 0600 I was fed up and donned my earplugs, something I wished I'd thought of earlier as they appeared to block out the siren in the hallway. Hindsight is a bugger.
In true Christmas style, I cooked too many veggies for yesterday's meal and whizzed the remains up with a little mash, onions and garlic for dinner today; accompanied by pickles and cold meat. I would rather be sitting on the boat to do so, but some dodgy weather is coming in the next couple of days; set to clear up once we have to get on with work again.
I mustn't grumble though. All is well, the chocolates and ice have been replenished and I haven't had a hangover since before Christmas.
I mustn't be trying hard enough.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an extremely interesting subject and I'm pleased you have posted it three times.

Fuff said...

Cheeky djaslfjeag. I have deleted. LOL

The Phosgene Kid said...

All well and good, but what about the bubble and squeek? I have heard of it, but can't remember how it is made - looks pretty good though!

Pat said...

Hmmmm - sounds like a recipe for Blogger World Cooking, mayhaps?? <|:))

Anonymous said...

"Oni giri" certainly is EC ask Mmmmmm for a recipe!

Anonymous said...

its the the Japanese equivalent of "bubble and squeak" :o))

Fuff said...

Phos - Basically, it's left over veggies (must have brussels sprouts or cabbage and roast potatoes as a base), whizzed or chopped up, added to some mashed potato and fried onions and garlic with a little butter, mixed up and dry fried as little patties. Very yum. Better than the previous day's dinner in my opinion!

Pat - Good idea. I'll add it in the next day or so.

Orb - LOL!! Hahahaha! You need to get down to the boat, LOL!!

Overboard said...

Yum.

Anonymous said...

Thats for sure! two engines to service! eugh!