Waking up over the past week or so has been a trial.
If I sleep early, I wake up looking like a demented fraggle. If late; then misery personified.
I've never been a morning person. I understand this and my loved ones are well aware. As a child, my mum used to bring my breakfast to me in bed. Not to spoil me, rather to leave me be until I rose, scowls aside. Fur avoids me completely at times, first thing.
The days are getting longer, though the weather is wearing me down. I wish it would change its filthy, cruel mind and allow the sun to appear once in a while before sunset. Grey is definitely in season.
For Eric. AKA Git.
Oi mullet
Silvery and dank
Spring awaits
Soft mouthed
8 years ago

18 comments:
Euro weather sucks. I suspect that is why the Germans tend to be so cranky. Hope you get a glimpse of sun soon. I need constant sunlight or I become surly - as you were when awoken early...
It seems soooo dark & cold here lately.
I take extra Vitamin D to balance me or I get crankier, too!
Oh! Eat more chocolate as well!
;-)
LOL@Eric.
Tee hee hee hee.
That's a great haiku and a quarter.
Hmmm - as I very early riser I have to comment that if you sleep late, you'll miss the sunlight. Rise with the dawn, m'dear.
So you're not a morning person huh? Me neither -- unless there's a really good reason to be up early. Work isn't one of them! :)
gray is only good if it is a pair of faded black jeans
Demented fraggles are not to be sneezed at. I tried it once and received short shrift from all and sundry. Short shrifts are very unbecoming in this climate. I'm going to lie down now.
i definitely get the 'pfts' when i can't get out in the sun enough... one thing, i have to say... i've noticed a bit since being here... and by no means and i a sun-aholic, let's lay-out and fry ourselves in the solar-wake... just need a bit-o-parting of the clouds and blue sky is all...
You awake yet or should I come back later - I bruise easily!!
Smile! I am definitely a morning person: my day starts at 4:30am!! I'll tiptoe and speak softly until about noon, OK? Shhhhhh......
Phos - The weather here on the south UK coast tends to be good in Summer but, being an island on the edge of the Atlantic, we get the brunt of many depressions. It's a northern European thing.
Greece (where I grew up) has a good seasonal mix of cold and the hot hot, smoggy Athens stuff. I was a grouchy git there too though. Erk.
Jin - My vitamin D reserves are usually good from having taken in so much sun in the Summer, but I do not like grey, cold, murky stuff for more than a day at a time and yes, choccy helps :) Hope your dad is on the mend.
Eric - LOL. I corrected it. Hic.
Nanuk - Yah, where you are, I would certainly do so :))
Dan - Nooooooooooooooooooo. Never have been, unless there's something exciting to get up for!
CM - I agree!
Charlie - Hahahahahahaha! Erk!
Amy - Glasgow is known for grey skies, neds, rotten meat pies and Charlie's. He he..wheeeeeee.
Phos - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. LOL
Pat - 0430 is not the morning :)
Hi fuff, how's things out upon the briny deep??
Phos - Foggy, therefore rather loud :)
Oh! You've done it now!
fuff went NEW blooger!
(LOL)
I did the other day too.
It made you, didn't it?!
Farking sniffer to starboard! Arghhhhhhhh!
knock knock?
'sup fuff? Still foggy in the AM??
Becalmed in the middle of the channel with the generator broken? Send us some semaphore.
Post a Comment