Friday, July 20

We're in

How odd it is, that people forget the trials of moving home and do it again and again.
We received the keys late on Tuesday and I have been cleaning since. Our only gripe, once over the threshold, was the lack of very nice new washing machine seen when we viewed the place, sneakily replaced with a damaged and dirty old thing. People do this apparently (???), so I shut up whinging about it after 5 minutes and went out and bought a new one, which arrived the following morning, thankfully.
I think I've shifted most of the yuck left by the previous owners. The kitchen in particular was awful and kept me up until almost 4am yesterday.
All we have to do now, is the balcony which is pretty disgusting and due to the presence of spiders, is Fur's task and the windows, again a Fur job, as there are quite a few cobwebs kicking around, though they may have been there for years..
Arriving back from abandoned racing this evening, rather limping (my back is killing me), as there was barely enough wind out there to shift a leaf; we had our first cooked meal at home.
A bloody huge fry up (bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, beans, fried bread - all eaten at around 9pm as calories don't count after 8pm). I was mightily chuffed when cracking the first egg, as it had a double yolk.
I've lots of photos, but my camera cable is still on that little boat. The one that took such good care of us for 8 weeks and that I've only really seen from the balcony since Tuesday morning. She's probably glad of the rest and once we've sorted ourselves in here, she'll be treated to a new bottom and a damn good polish.
That is if it ever stops raining of course.

Fuff out and exhausted.

16 comments:

rob said...

May you enjoy your new home and be very happy there! my very best regards :o))

Fuff said...

Orb, you're very kind. Thanks ever so much x

The Phosgene Kid said...

Happy homecoming!! When's the house warming (flat warming??)? I'll bring the wine.

Step 2: Cleaning out the boat. Have fun.

Fuff said...

House warming started today. I'll pick you up from the airport; make sure you bring plenty of wine ;)

PS Thanks Phos

Dan said...

You're exhausted? I'm exhausted just reading all you've been through. :)

Pat said...

Happy Home Coming, Fuff and Fur! I'll be on the same flight as Phos - I'll bring the harder liquor, if you don't mind? My latest fave is Mojitos - do you have mint? (^_^)

I know it's a lot of work and no doubt your back isn't the only thing that aches. But it is home! What an awesome feeling! Congratulations!

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

Is it a flat or apartment? Need to know for a North / South divide survey ;-)

OceanCruiserWannabe said...

...And another thing. Congrattu. Congartula. Well done!

Citymouse said...

i think it takes a year or two to really have aplace feel like a home-- you need to make your own muck!

Polkadot said...

Hurrah!
Now all you need is some satin beachwear.
;)

Deb said...

Congrats! I've just moved into a new place...and have discovered a lot brewing in places unexpected. The cabinets had some roaches---not the bad kind-----well-----the kind that was once smoked. I had to clean all of those out and make sure that everything wasn't left there. Obviously these people were pot smokers- which whatever, to each their own, but they left their "high ghosts" behind.

Good luck with cleaning and settling in! It takes a while!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Could have sworn there was just a new post on this page?? 'sup wit that???

Pat said...

Has the new home swallowed you up Fuff? Wassup?

Polkadot said...

kfoafjafkljfjkasf

The Phosgene Kid said...

in,out; in, out, repeat if necessary. Better check the network drop fuff, I don't think it is working.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Hi fuff!!