Wednesday, August 1

Now where was I?

New(ish) views

Ah yes. Moving home. Don't do it. It's stressful beyond belief and very very tiresome.
Even when venturing 200 metres from your previous abode.
I thought it would be easy. I was wrong.
However.. things are moving along quite nicely, despite a week or so of blankness and the need to sleep constantly and as the weather has decided to buck its ideas up, we even have some sunshine.
The bills (the hardest part), cleaning and ordering of boring things have been done and we can finally concentrate on more important matters, such as barbecuing, the odd tipple and even some decent sailing, now that it's not blowing Force 49 with 24 hour pissing horizontal rain.
Time for new toys too. Speaking of which, I must be going stark raving bonkers mad to be excited at the prospect of my new pans and pressure cooker turning up. I am though. Very, very excited.




13 comments:

jin said...

OOooohhhhh...a double yolk! That means good luck!

Methinks after all that cleaning & stressing and moving that fur owes you one massive full body massage.

rob said...

theres a great recipe on the net (somewhere) for bread done in a pressure cooker. Perhaps Jin could help if I can take her away from the full body massage thoughts? :o)) or Pat may know?

Citymouse said...

i love when you post food pictures. When is the house warming party?

Pat said...

Don't know specifically which recipe you had in mind, Orb, but a quick Google search revealed these:


http://www.waypoints.com/PDF/pressure%20cooker%20bread.PDF

http://www.recipesource.com/baked-goods/breads/00/rec0009.html

http://www.ellenskitchen.com/recipebox/baked/steambrd.html

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Buttermilk%20bread%20in%20a%20pressure%20cooker

Drat - now I'm hungry!! (^_^)

Dan said...

Pressure cookiers are awesome Fuff! You can make some wonderful soups in, like, no time!

But horizontal rain? That sucks. :)

jin said...

Uh.... pressure cooker... hmmm.... yeah... ok, well you got me on that one.

I am admitting here, officially, that I have never used a pressure cooker before.

*blush*

I am also admitting here, officially, that I have received full body massages from a man before.

(Oh...you want me to be 100% honest?)

Ok, so men plural.

I mean on different occasions...not several men at once! Sheesh!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Nothing like a new pan. Do treat the pressure cooker with respect, I have seen one redecorate a ceiling...

Polkadot said...

I think you've got Zorb in y'er eggs, too.
If I were you, I'd hit yourself on the head with a Fissler pan.

Polkadot said...

I think you've got Zorb in y'er eggs, too.
If I were you, I'd hit yourself on the head with a Fissler pan.

Polkadot said...

Given the repeat, hit me on the head too.

rob said...

I like the look of the buttermilk bread Pat! Mmmmmmm :o)) jin

The Phosgene Kid said...

How are things on the S.S. Minnow??

Fuff said...

Jin - Yeah, I thought (hope) so too :) I think several massages are in order, but from the one man. HAHA! Ere, pressure cookers are great for soups, veggie stuff etc.

Orb - I have made bread in my old pressure cooker whilst on the water before and it was pretty good. Still prefer baking when on land though.

CM - Thanks! Housewarming has commenced. Let me know when you'll be here!

EC - Thanks for those, I've saved them. Helpful as always!

Dan - They are pretty good. Thankfully, I've had one before so the instruction manual didn't scare me too much this time :)

Phos - You are right. They are lethal unless used with care. Things are ticking over on the Minnow, ta :)

Maria - It's pepper on the eggs. Zorb makes them taste funny.