Tuesday, August 7

Arghoraphobia

Things keep arriving and the door entry system is boogered. I think we broke it whilst moving it to another room in anticipation of an early morning call, following Friday night's housewarming antics.
This fits in quite well with my plans at the moment however, as I have very little inclination to answer doors/phones/my name.
The phone will finally be connected next Monday, after around 3 hours on hold to BT. Another thing to unplug/ignore; but we really need the line for the internet, so patience prevailed (though I very nearly threw my mobile out of the window after holding the line for an hour and ten minutes).
Over the weekend, we had visits more or less all of the time. Our lounge furniture currently consists of a futon, a bean bag, a double decker sized beanbag and some chairs. Watching people work out the beanbag lark is quite funny and most end up with their knees somewhere near their chins until they wriggle their way into more demure positions. We haven't even started to look at furniture; laziitis and cannot be arsed syndrome still in residence, but I reckon as we have somewhere to sit, we can wait until we're inspired. The last thing I want to do is rush out and choose something, only to look at it in 6 months time and wonder what on earth possessed me. I'd rather go sailing than trog around the shops right now..
Speaking of which, we might be on for a blast tomorrow. About time. I feel as though my head is going to explode unless we get out on the water soon.

5 comments:

Pat said...

An hour and ten minutes??? I never would have lasted even nearly that long!! Your patience is admirable (I do hope a libation or two whilst holding is what made it possible)????

Fuff said...

Achshully Pat. I was really losing the plot, but it was about my 5th attempt and just as I was about to hang up or fling the phone out of the window, someone answered!

Citymouse said...

get back on the water!

Polkadot said...

Nutter. Poor Sin. Bunny boiler.

Fuff said...

CM - Good advice. Heeded!

Orb - Removed but noted xx

Eric - Teeeheeee