I am a bad blooger.For the past couple of weeks, most of my attention has been focussed on either fires in Greece when home, or sailing. As we have been blessed with high pressure for the last gasp of Summer, barely a day has gone by without floating or bashing around somewhere. It won't be long before evening sailing is suspended until next Spring.
Fur has been in a mad dash to replace the mainsheet traveller since yesterday. Whilst we were tacking upriver on Wednesday evening in very light airs, it decided to explode and spew loads of little ball bearings out all over the place. Thankfully, this happened in around 4 knots of breeze. Had we been pushing the boat, I have a feeling we would have initially freaked out somewhat.
The Boat Show is only a week away. I would usually look forward to it, as it coincides with my birthday, however it also brings the terrifying and gloomy prospect of Fur's parents' arrival in town for a couple of days ever nearer. I'm not sure where I left my diplomatic head last, but I'm going to have to find it soon. Any suggestions on coping techniques would be most welcome, as I have run out of sensible ideas.
Fuff out.

12 comments:
Avoidance is the first rule in diplomacy, inebriation (them) is the second rule.
Slip down into the Celtic sea, put Ireland on your right, head up to the west coast, they'll never find you if you are hold up here!!!
Thanks for the advice Mayo (I concur incidentally, far nicer than salad cream). I tried the booze thing a couple of years ago. This seemed to cause his mother to sprout two heads and say the wickedest things; so I think I might avoid that one, but your latter suggestion sounds very appealing.
ROR
Last gasp of summer
LOL
I have a spare bedroom. They'll never think to look for you and Fur in the wilds of Colorado!
Where's your mainsheet traveling to?
in-laws coming at noon - Phos says start drinking soon...
ahhh the inlaws,
if it make you feel any better I love the way you blog when your inlaws are around!
It's real, it's emotional, it's something I can relate to!
Carbonara- Git
Pat - Good idea. I'll bring the marmite!
Phos - It had a rendezvous with Neptune I think. I'm going to need more than a drink..
CM - LOL. That's something I guess. Help.
Yipppeee!
Marrrrr-meeeeet!!!
(^_^)
And do keep in mind the other idea I had! I'm fairly certain they'll get thru customs without a problem!!
Right time for serious action! Take one jar of pickled beetroot pour the juice into a bowl and using cotton wool dab onto face in a haphazard manner dab on to arms as well. Now Take some corn seeds and cut them in half and stick them all over forehead cheeks and nose, paint the corn accurately with lipstick and place a dab or advocar (drink) on the very tip of the corn (even letting some run down your face (simulated boil pusstulence) now take a photo and mail it to your inlaws stating that you were at the clinic (doesnt have to be a lie could be a car clinic) and they were worried that you had some problems and were waiting for results
( still not another lie it might be something to do with your car!) dont mention to Fur that you are doing this but just mention that you had to put your inlaws off because you were worried about your health (another lie averted. I think I would be worried about your health if you got up to all that subdifuge, even though it worked for me as a kid in secondary school, until I was caught by the "school board" man and taken back to school complete with bike and fishing rods , from Richmond park, bloody woman upstairs grassed on me) :o))Trust me it will work they will find another reason for visiting some other time? Tee Hee you will have to tell Fur sometime thought I bet he would roar with laughter ?
Pat - Teeheee. Them marmeeeets. LOL
Orb - Absolutely wonderful stuff! Erm, Fur reads this bloog so you have been rumbled. Ahem. Nice to see you, hope you're enjoying the weather :)
Oh! Thats me finished then? :o(( tee hee! Oh yes Im enjoying the Nice weather but Im Bl*ody dog sitting! ho hum never mind!
Ah! but Im off on the boat for a week with a friend of mines daughter to get her ready for her yachtmasters so that will be good (if the weather is OK that is?):o)) or maybe :o((
Teehee, Orb. Not quite, he is well aware of the hazards of visiting my thoughts :) Dog sitting for such a lovely pup sounds nice, plus the weather's sposed to be holding out. Let me know if you're here for the boat show and we could praps meet up!
Post a Comment